Thursday 20 August 2009

Importing data from SQL Server to MySql

You'd think it'd be an easy import from one of the tools right, well it doesn't appear that way... although I may well be wrong.

There were a few different migration tools so I weighed up all the options and just went for the first one in the list MSSQL2MYSQL. Straight away I encountered problems, I tried to run via a VB app (Word can do this supposedly), and I hit a runtime error. A little bit of digging and it becomes appartent this is a classic VB error and the activeX dll needs registering or there is something wrong with my VB runtime. I install the latest copy of VB and do a restart.

I then spot that there is a MySQL migration tool kit that would appear to do all I need. It is a very easy to use GUI editor.... thumbs up to the MySQL team! Retweet this button on every post blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bookmark and Share