Thursday 20 August 2009

SugarCRM and SQL Server 2008

There is currently no support for SQL Server 2008 within the sugarCRM. This is quite frustrating as I've spent the best part of a weeks free time getting this going only to see it be v.buggy and unusable.

There was a blog post that it was available for the 5.5 beta version, and even had an update in the user documentation to the affect. However, the blog posts date was after the file update date, and when attempting the instal with this SQL server was not appearing as a database option. I always thought open source, not re-inventing the wheel was supposed to be quicker!

So, my plan is now to instal and run off of MySQL, which will be a new thing for me. Hopefully should work ok otherwise I'm in danger of becoming a right miserable git. Retweet this button on every post blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bookmark and Share