Wednesday 16 September 2009

Planning

Fail to plan, plan to fail. But is there anything to be said for too much planning... having a plan b is this a good thing or a sign that you don't trust your plan A and that it's doomed to fail??

I'm going to be writing a few business plans for my interests and want to make I don't make repeat mistakes. Now my plans aren't to raise capital or gain favor with the corporate bank managers, more for a guide of approach and goals.

There are some (to be read) good titles to some help guides but I need to ensure my plan works for me.

Initial thoughts, are that it needs to be short enough to be read. Clear focus on the goals that I would like to obtain. Structured strategy and timelines. And for a change perhaps a little pessimistic (or realistic). Pretty standard stuff, but I'd also like to ensure the overall plan is good plan. "The plan is good, so stick to the plan". That's not say that we can't adapt our stratiegies but the primary goals of the plan should remain consistant.

Time to get writting. Retweet this button on every post blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bookmark and Share